Refrigerant Common Questions:
- Frequently Asked Question Page
- Understanding Refrigerant Toxicity & Flammability
- How Do Refrigerants Work?
- How do Refrigerants Get Their Name?
- How to Buy Refrigerant?
- Refrigerant Leak Detector Comparison Table
- Bacharach H-10 Pro Leak Detector
- Fieldpiece SRL2 Leak Detector
- INFICON D-Tek Leak Detector
- INFICON Tek-Mate Leak Detector
- Fieldpiece SRL8 Leak Detector
- Robinair TIFXP-1A Leak Detector
- CoverMates – Air Conditioner Cover Elite Collection
- MasterCool Refrigerant Recovery Cylinder Tank 30Lb
- Signstek Portable Refrigerant Gas Leakage Detector
- Robinair (RG3) Portable Refrigerant Recovery Machine
- Robinair TIF9010A Slimline Refrigerant Electronic Scale
Refrigerant Fact & Info Sheets:
Environmental Protection Agency:
- Safe Disposal of Refrigerants
- EPA Refrigerant Sales Restriction:
- Under EPA regulations, only EPA-certified technicians may purchase refrigerants. refrigerants that consist wholly or in part of CFCs orHCFCs.Section 608 technician certification is required to purchase ozone depleting or HFC refrigerants, with the exception of small containers (fewer than 20 lbs.) of CFC-12.Section 609 technician certification is required to purchase CFC-12 or EPA-approved substitutes for MVACs containing an ODS. Section 609 technicians cannot purchase HCFC-22 in any size container.
- Section 609 Certification Through the EPA
- Questions and Answers on Alternative Refrigerants
- Lists of Substitutes for ODS in Refrigeration & Air Conditioning
- BusinessOwners Frequently Asked Questions on Refrigerant
- HomeOwner Frequently Asked Questions on Refrigerant
SDS Full Refrigerant Listing:
Getting Certified to Handle Refrigerants:
Refrigerant Cylinder Coloring Guide:
Authoritative Sources on Refrigerant:
- AirGas Refrigerants
- Refron – I used to buy from Refron but they were bought out by AirGas Refrigerants above. Still great customer service, no issues.
- Coolants Plus
- JohnStone Supply
- Refrigerant Depot
- Hudson Technologies Inc
- Altair Partners
- Weitron Inc.
- Refrigerants Inc.
- Lenz Distributors
Wikipedia Articles on Refrigerant & Refrigerant:
Videos Worth Checking Out:
- How to Convert Your Car’s A/C System from R12 to R134a
Do you know of any other resources you would like to see added? If so, let me know! E-mail me at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that Environmental Protection Agency law requires certain individuals to be licensed before purchasing some refrigerants. You will be required to provide your certificate number or declare the item will be resold to an EPA certified technician on certain types of Refrigerant. (R-410A & R-134A are excluded from this.)