I’m not Certified to Handle Refrigerant, Can I still Buy Refrigerant?

Yes, as long as you are only buying HFC refrigerants. Thankfully, HFCs include some of the most popular types of Refrigerant. HFCs include R-410A, R-134A, and R-404A. Any newer home HVAC unit is going to be using R-410A Refrigerant (2010 or newer.) and any automotive vehicle in the last ten years will be using R-134A. So, the short answer is as long as you are working on a fairly new unit you will be able to purchase Refrigerant.

Category: EPA Certification

← F.A.Q.s