Do I need a license to buy 502 Refrigerant?

Yes, R-502 is a CFC refrigerant and was phased out in the 1990s due to it’s effect on the O-Zone layer. In order to purchase R-502 you need to be 608 certified with the Environmental Protection Agency.

You can read more about certification in our post on Licensing. R-502 is banned across most of the world and most applications are discontinued at this point in time in 2015.

Category: EPA Certification

← F.A.Q.s