Can you Purchase R-22 Refrigerant With the EPA 609 certification?

Unfortunately, no.  609 certification is only meant for automotive applications. You are authorized to handle R-12 and R-134a, but anything else that is not directly correlated to your automotive cab you are not authorized to handle. Examples of this include refrigerated cargo or other secondary refrigeration systems in your van or truck. Another example would be the Thermoking or Carrier applications. You will need to be 608 certified to work these units.

If you wish to purchase R-22 refrigerant you will need to be 608 EPA certified. To clarify a bit more you will need to be section 2 608 certified as well as having passed the core competency of 608. Fore more information on 608 visit this link.


Category: EPA Certification, R-22

← F.A.Q.s