Can I Buy R-134A Refrigerant?

As of January 1st, 2018 you will need a section 609 certification with the Environmental Protection Agency. This was changed due to the high Global Warming Potential that 134A has. It is known as a ‘supergas’ and contributes highly to Global Warming. For more information on how to obtain a 609 license click this link to be taken to our refrigerant licensing guide.

It should be noted that there is an exception to these rules for the weekend warriors out there. People who are not certified to handle refrigerants can still purchase two pounds or less canisters at their local stores. So, if I needed to recharge my Camry then all I would need to do is go to my local parts store or and Purchase Refrigerant R134a for MVAC use. This can be done without a license. So, there is hope!

Thanks for reading,

Alec Johnson

Category: R-134a

← F.A.Q.s